3 Steps For Creating The Perfect Recruitment Strategy
Marketing Podcast with John Jantsch
In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I’m doing a solo show where I’m covering a topic that is very high on a lot of business owners’ minds and that’s the idea of recruitment and retention of your internal customers — your employees.
Recruitment and retention are big topics in the minds of business owners today. And I think these problems can be solved with a marketing solution. How people choose to become customers has changed, and we need to be thinking about acquiring employees and customers in a much different way than the funnel approach. In this episode, I talk about how we need to start rethinking the employee recruitment journey and the steps to take to create the perfect recruitment strategy.
Topics I discuss:
- [0:53] Why recruitment and retention is a big topic on the minds of business owners today
- [1:29] Why I think it can be solved with a marketing solution
- [2:01] We just launched a unique, new marketing assessment
- [2:54] Growth comes from being important in the lives of your customers and your employees during tough times
- [3:49] Why we need to be thinking about acquiring employees and customers in a much different way than the vending machine or the funnel approach
- [6:38] Three steps for creating the perfect recruitment strategy
- [8:00] The four questions to ask your employee
- [11:52] Thinking about recruitment as an end to end customer journey
- [12:09] How people choose to become customers and employees has changed
- [12:36] Thinking about the marketing hourglass as we apply it to the employee journey
- [13:48] Branding your organization as a great place to work is a killer marketing message
- [16:01] Keeping your employees is a far better way to grow, not just your team, but your organization
- [17:11] People don’t change jobs they changed the bosses
Resources I mentioned:
More About Duct Tape Marketing Consultant Network:
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by the HubSpot Podcast Network.
HubSpot Podcast Network is the audio destination for business professionals who seek the best education and inspiration on how to grow a business.
7 Steps to Scale Your Consulting Practice Without Adding Overhead
The Duct Tape Marketing Consultant Network has helped me to grow my business by over 40% in the last 12 months. ~ Michael Quinn – Michael Quinn Agency, Fargo, ND