- There is no way to directly connect Instagram and VSCO, the popular social-photo apps, through either platform.
- However, you can link your VSCO account in your Instagram profile bio and achieve essentially the same effect.
- VSCO is an app that can be used to edit and enhance photos with a number of easy-to-use filters and editing tools.
- Visit Business Insider’s Tech Reference library for more stories.
VSCO — pronounced “viss-coh” — is a platform primarily intended for serious photographers and photo editing.
As such, there is less social media emphasis on the VSCO app experience compared to the user experience of other photo platforms like mobile-first Instagram.
But both sites often and understandably have crossover in their user base. So having a way to link the two platforms for posting and sharing, in the way you might Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, and Instagram isn’t an unusual request. It’s just that it’s not possible yet, at least not through a tool on the platforms themselves.
There is however a workaround. If you want to share your professional-quality photo work with a larger social media audience, the best way to do it is by linking VSCO and Instagram through your own profile.
Here’s how to do it.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
iPhone 11 (From $699.99 at Apple)
Samsung Galaxy S10 (From $699.99 at Walmart)
How to link to a VSCO account on Instagram
1. Open the VSCO app and tap the smiley face icon on the bottom of the screen.
2. Under your username atop the screen, tap “Edit.”
3. Tap the word “Share” beside your “PROFILE LINK.”
4. Swipe down and tap “Copy” on your screen.
5. Open Instagram and tap your avatar image at the bottom of the app.
6. Tap “Edit profile” and then paste your VSCO link into the line reading “Website.”
7. Tap “Done” to save the changes.
Insider Inc. receives a commission when you buy through our links.