- To block emails on iPhone, tap on the sender’s name in the Mail app and select Block this Contact.
- To automatically send blocked emails to trash, change the Blocked Sender Options.
- The Blocked Sender Options are located in the iPhone Settings app under the Mail heading.
- Visit Insider’s Tech Reference library for more stories.
Email has become an integral part of daily life for just about everyone. But sometimes there are senders that need to be blocked due to unsolicited spam or harassment.
Whereas previously blocking these senders required third-party apps on your iPhone, you can now do it directly from Apple’s Mail app on iOS devices. Here’s how.
How to block emails in the Mail app on iPhone
1. Open the Mail app and locate an email from the sender you wish to block.
2. Tap on the sender’s picture and then their name in the From field.
3. Tap Block this Contact and tap it again in the confirmation window that appears.
Blocking their contact will stop alerts from appearing when they send you a new email, but the emails will still come through. To prevent this and move them automatically to the trash can, do the following:
1. Open your iPhone’s Settings app.
2. Scroll down until you see the Mail app option and tap on it.
3. Tap on Blocked Sender Options.
4. Select Move to Trash.