In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I interview Sara Nay. Sara is the COO at Duct Tape Marketing, Co-Founder at Spark Lab Consulting, and host of the Agency Spark Podcast.
Marketing systems and operations systems are two halves to a whole company – bringing the two together can give you the full picture and ultimately, effective control over your organization. In this episode, I talk with Sara Nay about her responsibilities as COO at Duct Tape Marketing, the role operations plays in marketing, and how creating and utilizing systems can help you double down on what’s working and avoid spinning your wheels on what’s not.
Questions I ask Sara Nay:
- [1:22] What does being COO of Duct Tape Marketing look like?
- [1:48] How does the COO work with the CEO?
- [2:51] What’s been the hardest thing for you to learn or adapt to in your role?
- [4:10] How do you think it’s different working with family?
- [5:25] What role does operations really play in marketing?
- [7:29] Could you talk a little bit about operationalizing marketing so that you can deliver it consistently and in a repeatable manner?
- [12:35] How do you view your system as a way to get better?
- [15:18] Where could we make improvements after somebody becomes a customer and how do we connect marketing and operations and then add systems?
- [18:31] Could you talk a little bit about what you do with Spark Lab when someone comes to you who is trying to take this operationalized approach?
- [20:42] Could you tell us where people can find that and find out more about Spark Lab consulting?
More About Sara Nay:
Take The Marketing Assessment:
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
HubSpot Podcast Network is the audio destination for business professionals who seek the best education and inspiration on how to grow a business.
BELAY is an incredible organization revolutionizing productivity with its virtual assistants, bookkeepers, website specialists, and social media managers for growing organizations. To help you get started, BELAY is offering its latest book, Delegate to Elevate, for free to all our listeners. In this ebook, learn how to reclaim time to focus on what only you can do by delegating. To download your free copy, click here to claim or text TAPE to 55123. Accomplish more and juggle less with BELAY.
7 Steps to Scale Your Consulting Practice Without Adding Overhead
The Duct Tape Marketing Consultant Network has helped me to grow my business by over 40% in the last 12 months. ~ Michael Quinn – Michael Quinn Agency, Fargo, ND