Who doesn’t want to fall in love with the right person to spend their rest of their lives with? Right? Every romantic relationship needs to go through its own set of ups and downs to make it until eternity. No relationship is perfect or even matches up to the level of ideal lovey-dovey concept most of us have in our minds. But if you really feel you have some connection after dating your partner for a couple of months and want to work on bettering your relationship with him/her, then here’s your ultimate guide. Here are a few ways to improve your relationship with your partner to show that you care about this relationship based on the tenets of commitment, truth, honesty, and respect.
1) Shower Some Love With Gifts – We know it may sound super cliche, but gift pampering is for real when it comes to improving your relationship with your partner. Even after marriage, to keep the spark alive in your relationship, gifts are something that helps you make way into another person’s life. You can look for some best online gift stores (looking into the ongoing COVID-19 scenario) and can shop for a perfect token of your love, matching their expectation or personality. Gifting is an act of kindness that shows the other person that you really care about him/her.
2) Ask Your Partner Something New – Communication is the key factor when it comes to leading a happy yet healthy relationship. So, no matter how good/bad your partner’s day went by, ask some specific questions to him/her to initiate the conversation. Don’t just ask random things all-time – ask some meaningful questions that will help you get to know him/her even better.
3) Organise Monthly Date Nights – Everyone is busy these days, but if you happen to take some time for your relationship and that one person you say you love, then that’s what makes it special. So, in order to do that, organise some monthly date nights to take some time out for each other. Date night would not necessarily consist of dining out; everytime you guys can stay in, order some food, and cuddle each other as you binge watch some favourite romantic movies together. Spice up your bedroom romance, too, on such date nights.
4) Express Your Appreciation – Let him/her know that you’re fond of him/her. Express your heart out to your partner; let him/her know what he/she means to you. Your kindness, your honesty will be very much appreciated by your partner and make him/her fall in love with your – all over again. If he/she chooses to open up to you with some kind words, do even care to listen to him/her – make him/her feel acknowledged. It will be indeed a very thoughtful gesture.
5) Spend As Much As Time Possible With Each Other – Now, that wouldn’t anyhow mean to eliminate the space, you both choose to give each other sometimes. But to spend as much as time possible should become the aim of your love life. So, in order to do so, you guys can choose to workout at the gym together or maybe catch up after work for movies or some event happening nearby. It will always seem to show that you care for this relationship and that these little things ( i.e, the way you choose to prioritise each other) means the world to you.
6) Listen Your Partner Out – Listening to what the other person has to say about or validating his/her opinion is one of the key factors of leading a happy relationship. Often, couples try to keep on speaking without even paying any heed to what his/her partner has to say – which is so wrong. Listening to your partner out is so very important. One gets to know more about him/her and what he/she likes, everything. Sometimes your partner might be in need to share the highlight of his/her day with you – as in what happened, good or bad – every bit of it just to let go of something that bothers him/her. And if you aren’t able to help him/her in such a condition, how do you even think of being a good partner to him/her, right?
7) Let Go Off Their Past – Who doesn’t have a shitty past? Everyone does, which is why be kind enough to let it go. Focus on the present, decide on the future – it is sure to make your relationship even more special. If you end up bringing up the past, the exes of your partner, there are very high chances that you might just get into a big fight with him/her – which is so not what you want, right? So, the best is to avoid.