DNV, Business Area Digital Solutions is seeking a Finance and business development manager to support our Performance and Assurance Solutions unit (PAS) on their journey to take a leading position within Assurance of Digital Assets helping our customers to prepare for the future by trusting their digital assets and provide data-driven insights to enhance performance and ensure compliance.
The position reports to the Director Performance and Assurance Solutions (PAS) and interacts extensively with the global Finance community within Digital Solutions.
The Finance and business development manager will follow up the Performance and assurance-, and the QHSE product line. As a part of this working with the Innovation network in DNV helping develop new business opportunities will be part of the job.
The position is part of the leadership team in PAS and in the QHSE product line.
The Finance and business development manager will advise, challenge, and support the leadership team in financial and business-related matters. The position has line responsibility for one controller and will be able to draw on several resources within the DS finance team. The business development responsibilities include heading the finance and business modelling track within innovation projects and being a key partner in the cross functional innovation team.
In this position you will:
- Actively support and assist the Director Performance and Assurance Solutions and the Director of the QHSE product line in all commercial matters such as:
- Sparring partner for different parts of the business both in financial, commercial, and operational matters.
- Strategic and operational aspects of financial planning and management, including manage the long- and short-term financial risks, financial support, and analytics
- Provide analytics and business impacts of improvement initiatives, business cases, and strategic priorities
- Prepare and participate in business review meetings on Product level
- Suggest areas of improvement and drive the forecasting, financial reporting, and -planning as a business partner to the operations.
- Perform financial review of proposals and contracts
- Manage own staff according to DNV leadership expectations in all areas
- Support the implementation and effective use of tools e.g. Sales Force, Oracle
- Be a proactive team-member of the Innovation portfolio unit, performing tasks such as:
- Provide analytics and modelling of business cases for prioritized ideas.
- Develop price models and own the pricing track for new innovations and products
- Innovation portfolio management and innovation accounting
- Financial follow up of the product development activities
The candidate we are looking for would have the following qualifications:
- Master’s degree in finance, Business Administration, Innovation management or a similar discipline
- Several years of relevant experience
- Ability to analyze business performance and identify concrete challenges and opportunities
- Ability to leverage digital transformation to support and drive business performance
- Advanced Excel and Power BI skills
- Good understanding of revenue and cost drivers in different types of business models
- Have knowledge of Salesforce, Oracle Finance, or other finance systems is an advantage
- Fluency in English
- Excellent analytical skills, target and performance driven
- Proactive, solution-oriented, and self-motivated
- Curious and willing to learn
- Possess a high degree of resilience including the ability to work on multiple projects
- Have a sense of urgency and “can do” attitude
Please apply with your CV and Cover Letter in English.
- A strong company culture with an emphasis on competence development
- Great colleagues who value teamwork and support
- Attractive total compensation package
- 6 weeks annual vacation
- International working environment
- Flexible working hours and focus on work/life balance
- Interesting and challenging projects, both national and international
- The possibility to grow and develop your competencies and ambitions within DNV
- Close access to the sea and surrounding park with possibility for different outdoor activities
- Free shuttle bus from Sandvika and Skøyen
Company & Business Area Description
DNV is the independent expert in assurance and risk management, operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
We are a world-leading provider of digital solutions and software applications with focus on the energy, maritime and healthcare markets. Our solutions are used worldwide to manage risk and performance for wind turbines, electric grids, pipelines, processing plants, offshore structures, ships, and more. Supported by our domain knowledge and Veracity assurance platform, we enable companies to digitize and manage business critical activities in a sustainable, cost-efficient, safe and secure way.
Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!